Thursday, August 24, 2006

Whatever

My right hand is virtually useless as of now and that's not to add that I carried an overweight toddler for about half an hour. So now my muscles in that area are decidedly worse. The baby in question is none other than Erwin. I wouldn't say he's "little". He's way too big for his age. My mom, sisters and I visited the orphanage at about ten this morning and stayed there for about an hour. Voluntary work. The kids were adorable, although to a common extent behind in learning. They couldn't utter more than incoherent mumbles when they should've been singing their ABC's by now. I guess that could be imputed to the problem of staff shortage. When we got there, not a lot of them were really attending to the kids. But I'm not saying that the orphans are being neglected, far from it; I couldn't possibly state so when I just witnessed how clean and well-looked after and well-mannered the kids were. Just that, there weren't enough regulars. Whatever. In any case, I would definitely love to go back. Erwin is so sweet and I wouldn't really mind dragging his weight around (forget the figurative meaning of the phrase) because he's too cute to ever get tired of. Sheesh. I hope Hannah gets to arrange her schedule next week. I really, really love to go back. It's impossible to not to like to go back. If I'd have my way I would go there thrice a week. It wouldn't be a sacrifice since the place is very conveniently near (although parking space is scarce), and the children are adorbale. I think I already mentioned that.