Saturday, October 14, 2006

Palomar Community College in San Marco

Palomar Community College in San Marco I am a student at Palomar Community College in San Marcos and I drive from Escondido to San Marcos every day to go to class. I have to leave my house 40 minutes before my class starts at 8 a.m. in order to beat traffic on Highway 78, find parking and make it to class on time.

Even though I take various precautions to try and avoid sitting in traffic almost every day of my life, I have come to accept that I will sit in traffic almost every day of my life.

A trolley line to San Diego would benefit those who wish to go to the city and enjoy a baseball game, and maybe a drink or two, without having to worry about traffic or parking, or anything involved with driving. A trolley line to San Diego would also benefit students who attend, or aspire to attend, SDSU or UCSD and do not live in San Diego. I hope to attend UCSD, but constantly worry about the commute to San Diego, especially when gas prices are reaching record highs, not to mention the costs of having to constantly repair cars due to constant driving.

A trolley from Oceanside to Escondido is a fantastic idea, but extending it to San Diego would benefit the entire county of San Diego immensely. As a community we must be able to see the benefits that an extended trolley line would produce. Posted by Picasa